TRAIL RUNNERS ASSOCIATION OF HONG KONG LIMITED 香港越野跑步總會有限公司
MINUTES OF THE FIRST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE ASSOCIATION HELD ON 20 APRIL 2019 AT 10 AM AT CAFÉ 8, HONG KONG MARITIME MUSEUM PIER 8, CENTRAL, HONG KONG
It was resolved that NG Shiaw Hwa Janet be elected Chairman of the meeting whereupon she took the chair.
NOTICE AND QUORUM
The chairman reported that sufficient notice of the meeting had been duly given and that a quorum was present. The chairman declared that the meeting was open.
REPORTS AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
It was resolved that NG Shiaw Hwa Janet be authorized to sign the audited financial statements for the period from October 23, 2017 to December 31, 2018.
RETIREMENT OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The following Members informed the Executive Committee about their retirement with effect from the First Annual General Meeting:
BLUMBERG, Andre TINWORTH, Nic
Members took the opportunity to acknowledge the valuable contributions of retiring members.
ELECTION OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
The following Members of the Executive Committee were re-elected or elected:
Founder Members: TSANG, Siu Keung NOYES, Keith NG, Philip
Individual Members: CHENG, Ming Wai Agnes RIGBY, Dominic PINTRAVA, Milos (new Member) YUNG, Ha Kuk Victor WONG, Ho Chung (new Member)
Organisation Members: NG, Shiaw Hwa Janet ELLIS, John DUMONT, Sabrina TAM, Chun Fung (new Member) SARGENT, William
OTHER BUSINESS Members discussed other business as set out in the Appendix.
CLOSURE There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed.
Ng Shiaw Hwa Janet Chairman
APPENDIX OTHER BUSINESS
1. CALENDAR OF RACES Members noted that currently, there is no one comprehensive list of trail events that takes place during the year.A calendar of trail races will be useful for trail runners and hikers generally. There are currently various websites which provide information on trail races, but the information is not complete and not bilingual. Members agreed to explore the possibility of coming up with a comprehensive list through different ways and to be put up on TRAHK’s website.
2. MEMBERSHIP FEES AND MEMBERSHIP DRIVE Members discussed whether membership subscription fees should be paid annually. Members noted the importance of acquiring more new members and the need for retention of existing members. Even though TRAHK has organized various talks and other activities during the past year, members suggested that the renewal of membership subscriptions should be reviewed when there are additional cost-incurring activities organized by TRAHK.
3. SAFETY GUIDELINES Members noted that there were recent races where participants or supporters have complained about the inadequacy of medical and emergency support during races. Members agreed that TRAHK should remind organisers of the importance of safety, first-aid and medical support for participants and volunteers and that there are guidelines which should be followed.It is also one of the criteria in the ITRA Quality Index based on which races are assessed by participants.
4. TRAIL RUNNING ACTIVITIES Members discussed the organization of trail running clinics or weekly running sessions led by Executive Committee Members. Given that most races take place on major trails, one of the suggestions is to explore lesser known trails for the sessions.
5. ANALYSIS OF RACE DATA Members agreed that analysis of race data would enable TRAHK to understand the number of participants in major races and the frequency of usage of trails for races in each season. Members agreed to contact major race registration and data platforms to explore appropriate solutions.
6. ELECTION OF OFFICERS Officers of the Association who were elected by the founder members retired at the First Annual General Meeting. The new Executive Committee will organize the election of officers including the President, two Vice-Presidents, the Secretary General and the Treasurer in the next few weeks.